From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: Re: protonmail or skiff?
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 10:03:33 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 09:03 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 04:06:59 -0000 (UTC), Alex de Joode
<usura@nospam.dizum.net> wrote:

>In alt.privacy.anon-server Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>> protonmail or skiff?
>>
>> If I use a VPN to make and use an email, which provider is better
for
>> security?
>> I know Skiff is a US based provider and protonmail is Swiss.
>
>airvpn.org and mullvad.net are alternatives that I can recommend.
(given ownership, services and transparancy)

They are in the 14 eyes countries sadly.

Re: protonmail or skiff?

<068lpipeqgrk5mp4i6lp2jv78mf6d87tjp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16364&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16364

From: mar...@invalid.com
Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 07:03:18 -0600
 by: mar...@invalid.com - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 13:03 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 10:03:33 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
<nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 04:06:59 -0000 (UTC), Alex de Joode
><usura@nospam.dizum.net> wrote:
>
>>In alt.privacy.anon-server Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>>> protonmail or skiff?
>>>
>>> If I use a VPN to make and use an email, which provider is better
>for
>>> security?
>>> I know Skiff is a US based provider and protonmail is Swiss.
>>
>>airvpn.org and mullvad.net are alternatives that I can recommend.
>(given ownership, services and transparancy)
>

>They are in the 14 eyes countries sadly.

The facts of the 5,9 and 14 eye countries.

https://nordvpn.com/blog/five-eyes-alliance/

Re: protonmail or skiff?

<a10a024a4c076f9800af7566532ad2b2@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16365&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16365

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 14:13:10 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 13:13 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 10:03:33 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 04:06:59 -0000 (UTC), Alex de Joode <usura@nospam.dizum.net> wrote:
>>In alt.privacy.anon-server Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>>> I know Skiff is a US based provider and protonmail is Swiss.
>>
>>airvpn.org and mullvad.net are alternatives that I can recommend.
>(given ownership, services and transparancy)
>
>They are in the 14 eyes countries sadly.

those that live by the sword rule the world . . . world-class experts
in encryption technologies would tend to be confident in assets which
they have tested to their own satisfaction and might trust implicitly;
but as for laymen, retired hobbyists, average users, very careful use
of remailers, nyms, whole message encryption, generally to err on the
side of caution in every aspect of life and the duat, that is advised

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: protonmail or skiff?