From: pol...@tilde.club (Stefan Claas)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: [For Windows users] How to use the Gemini Protocol anonymously
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 12:13:42 +0100
 by: Stefan Claas - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 11:13 UTC

To use the Gemini protocol anonymously, you can try the following.
Using the Tor browser, visit the following URL through the Gemini proxy
https://portal.mozz.us/gemini/cities.yesterweb.org/
and sign-up with a username and password.
The page will refresh and you will save your credentials.
A little later, your capsule should be listed in the directory, even if
it is not immediately visible.
Now download and install WinSCP.
https://winscp.net/eng/index.php
Before using WinSCP, close the Tor browser and run tallow.exe
https://reqrypt.org/tallow.html
Now we can manage our Gemini capsule via WebDAV.
While Tallow is running, you can start your Gemini client and visit
your capsule, and explore the Geminispace.

I am currently using the following clients:

Geminaut
https://www.marmaladefoo.com/pages/geminaut

Lagrange
https://github.com/skyjake/lagrange
Please remember not to do any mischief with it, so as not to spoil the
very beautiful Geminispace and its uses! The deletion of your capsule
is for sure!

Regards
Stefan
--
gemini://tilde.club/~pollux/
----Ed25519 Signature----

Re: [For Windows users] How to use the Gemini Protocol anonymously

<c92158d69b237209412ea322216e839f@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16966&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16966

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:19:05 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 13:19 UTC

On 20 Feb 2024, Stefan Claas <pollux@tilde.club> posted some

> To use the Gemini protocol anonymously, you can try the following.
>
> Using the Tor browser, visit the following URL through the Gemini proxy
>
> https://portal.mozz.us/gemini/cities.yesterweb.org/
>
> and sign-up with a username and password.
>
> The page will refresh and you will save your credentials.
>
> A little later, your capsule should be listed in the directory, even if
> it is not immediately visible.
>
> Now download and install WinSCP.
>
> https://winscp.net/eng/index.php
>
> Before using WinSCP, close the Tor browser and run tallow.exe
>
> https://reqrypt.org/tallow.html
>
> Now we can manage our Gemini capsule via WebDAV.
>
> While Tallow is running, you can start your Gemini client and visit
> your capsule, and explore the Geminispace.
>
> I am currently using the following clients:
>
> Geminaut
> https://www.marmaladefoo.com/pages/geminaut
>
> Lagrange
> https://github.com/skyjake/lagrange
>
> Please remember not to do any mischief with it, so as not to spoil the
> very beautiful Geminispace and its uses! The deletion of your capsule
> is for sure!
>
> Regards
> Stefan

That looks cool, but a little tame. I think I'll get a capsule and put
some Trump stuff in there to liven things up a bit.

Re: [For Windows users] How to use the Gemini Protocol anonymously

<73780df6b325b7454b5ef172c09f2866@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16985&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16985

From: ano...@anon.com (anonymous)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 13:00:23 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: anonymous - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:00 UTC

<root@127.0.0.1> wrote in
248.248.119.43=3D?U=3D?UTF-8?Q?T?=3DF-8?Q?=3DF0=3D9F=3D8C=3DBA?=3D:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:19:05 +0100 (CET), LO AND BEHOLD; Nomen Nescio
> <nobody@dizum.com> determined that the following was of not great
> importance to Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> and subsequently decided
> to NOT freely share it with us in
> <c92158d69b237209412ea322216e839f@dizum.com>:
>
> =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= On 20 Feb 2024, Stefan Claas
>
> "Trump stuff"?
>
> So you're going to make a department store changing room Gemini
> capsule where you can fingerbang some lady and lose a lawsuit to the
> tune of $90 million + interest for lying about it?
>
> Very clever of you!

You haven't died yet? Put some effort into it.