Subject: Fonts in tor browser
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 01:26 UTC
From: Anonym...@novabbs.i2p (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 01:26:03 +0000
View all headers
I downloaded an external font and I'm using it for my webpage. My code is this:

@font-face{
font-family: "MyFont";
  src: url('MyFont.eot');
  src: url('MyFont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
       url('MyFont.woff2') format('woff2'),
       url('MyFont.woff') format('woff'),
       url('MyFont.ttf')  format('truetype');
}
body{
   font-family: "MyFont";
}

The font is properly working when I go and check my webpage on localhost. However, I have this webpage also on tor, and when I go and try to access this webpage on tor, the font isn't loading up. Everything is in plain, ordinary text. Is there anything I need to configure, or can tor not load up the fonts for some reason?
       --
Posted on novaBBS
news.novabbs.com

Subject: Re: Fonts in tor browser
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 12:13 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2021 04:13:08 -0800
logging-data="9995"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@def5.org"
View all headers
or can tor not load up the fonts for some reason

The tor browser can load fonts, you can test it here on def4 for example: http://acmsrfsbsogtuhvk.onion/bbx/

Could it be that the url needs to be expressed differently ? You do:

src: url('MyFont.eot');

Maybe it must be:

src: url('/fonts/MyFont.eot');

(Provided that the font files are in /fonts/)

Not sure that you need to give a source anyway, on def4 I just do:

font-family:'Fira Mono', monospace;
  font-size:15px;

The font libs are in /fonts.

--