Force has no place where there is need of skill. -- Herodotus

interests / rocksolid.shared.offtopic / Re: how do you mean ?

SubjectAuthor
* lockdownRetro Guy
+* lockdownanon
|`* lockdownMei
| `- lockdownanon
+- lockdownAnonymousLife
+* how do you mean ?Anonymous
|`- how do you mean ?AnonymousLife
+- overconfident aiAnonymous
`- so you're a lonerAnonymous

1
lockdown

<a3980d0f69cd8ef61328cf38ba7fa261$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=150&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#150

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: lockdown
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 03:12:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 4 Apr 2020 03:12 UTC

Strange world we live in. People out of work, "social distancing", masks and everything else going on. I've been around a while and never thought I'd see quite the lockdown and dictates we see right now.

I have to fight the urge to think that some of these things sould eerily familiar from a time past. Curfews, fear etc.

I'm still working, working more than before, and I've been provided a letter, "Critical Infrastructure Sector Worker", to present to any authority that questions why I'm travelling on the roads.

I really hope to never need to use this, as showing my "papers" while driving on a public road seems quite concerning to me.

We'll see what the near future brings.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
news.novabbs.com

Re: lockdown

<c7789d2be938d66ead40fb43a8d3dedd@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=152&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#152

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: Re: lockdown
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 10:02:17+0000
 by: anon - Sat, 4 Apr 2020 10:02 UTC

>Strange world we live in. People out of work, "social distancing", masks and everything else going on. I've been around a while and never thought I'd see quite the lockdown and dictates we see right now.

Nobody thought they would see this day. Really, I don't think anybody could imagine this before it actually happened.

> I have to fight the urge to think that some of these things >sould eerily familiar from a time past. Curfews, fear etc.

I still try to figure out how much of this is actually because of the virus, and how much is just happening because it was the wet dream of some people since decades (you know, 100% top down control).

> I'm still working, working more than before, and I've been >provided a letter, "Critical Infrastructure Sector Worker", >to present to any authority that questions why I'm >travelling on the roads. I really hope to never need to use >this, as showing my "papers" while driving on a public road >seems quite concerning to me. We'll see what the near future >brings.

Maybe this is the chance to move away from this strange economic system we have today....
One can hope...

Stay healthy,

trw

Posted on def4

Re: lockdown

<8d964061a369f01914a6cfce994a4a4e$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=153&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#153

From: Mei...@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 17:55:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mei - Sat, 4 Apr 2020 17:55 UTC

> Maybe this is the chance to move away from this strange economic system we have today....
> One can hope...

That's a nice dream. I also like to imagine a world that isn't awful.

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Re: lockdown

<c866c22cba06f0571022bf24a6e9368c@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=154&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#154

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 18:35:00+0000
 by: anon - Sat, 4 Apr 2020 18:35 UTC

>That's a nice dream. I also like to imagine a world that isn't >awful.

Dreaming and imagining is the start. Then we have to work and fight to make it happen.

Posted on def4

Re: lockdown

<a37a74af6ad4129897ca2157dba3aa9a$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=171&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#171

From: Anonymou...@rslight.i2p (AnonymousLife)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 21:30 UTC
 by: AnonymousLife - Fri, 12 Jun 2020 21:30 UTC

Hi!👋Personally,I really like it.Not the people dying and all,but I’m a true introvert at heart,and the quarantine gives me a chance to truly express myself.I also like the change.This is completely unpredicted and new.I don’t want the same boring old life all the time.So I think the coronavirus isn’t THAT bad.
--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion

how do you mean ?

<b.585.2m6nym@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=172&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#172

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: how do you mean ?
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 14:41:34 -0700
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 12 Jun 2020 21:41 UTC

>I’m a true introvert at heart,and the quarantine gives me a chance to truly express myself

you mean by staying at home (scnr) ? or you mean because the social distance thing is what you would like to have all the time ?

--
Posted on def2

overconfident ai

<b.1325.2ywuca@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=173&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#173

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: overconfident ai
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 11:28:38 -0700
logging-data="11687"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@def5.org"
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 16 Jun 2020 18:28 UTC
Attachments: covidcat.jpeg (image/jpeg)

when your ai is too confident...

from here:
https://mobile.twitter.com/bkailkhu/status/1272619636710752256

Attachments: covidcat.jpeg
Re: how do you mean ?

<3b77579a27e09ed87076e4d76b9e55b2$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=178&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#178

From: Anonymou...@rslight.i2p (AnonymousLife)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: Re: how do you mean ?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 18:47:01 +0000
 by: AnonymousLife - Fri, 19 Jun 2020 18:47 UTC

I mean the social distancing.I went outside a lot before the coronavirus to take walks,go fishing,go to parks.However,I always really wanted to go alone,to be at peace with myself.I really couldn’t be alone before the coronavirus.I definitely don’t like staying at home all day.I need some fresh air!😩
--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion

so you're a loner

<b.1341.17gwzk@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=188&group=rocksolid.shared.offtopic#188

From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.offtopic
Subject: so you're a loner
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 15:46:39 -0700
logging-data="27673"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@def5.org"
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 21 Jun 2020 22:46 UTC

>1330

and the covid situation allowed you to be, without having to explain or excuse yourself. nice. i had some benefit out of it as well, although of a different nature.
don't you like other people, or are you just not interested in social interaction ?

--
Posted on def2