From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 22:12:56 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Wed, 1 Mar 2023 22:12 UTC

Constance Marten arrest: Remains of baby found after massive search
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64815323?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 9:59 PM
Constance Marten and Mark Gordon remain in custody on suspicion of gross negligence manslaughter.
--------------------
Parents jailed for letting neglected teen die
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64803863?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 5:25 PM
The parents of a 16-year-old girl who died after "shocking and prolonged" neglect have been jailed.
--------------------
Human error to blame for train crash - Greek PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64817894?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 8:42 PM
At least 43 people died in the head-on collision between a passenger service and freight train.
--------------------
Frogmore Cottage: Harry and Meghan 'requested to vacate' property
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64815383?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 9:02 PM
It was earlier reported that the home, in Windsor, had been offered to Prince Andrew.
--------------------
M&S: Store sorry for displaying daffodils alongside veg
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64813653?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 6:01 PM
The flowers, which can be poisonous if eaten, were spotted on display alongside spring onions.
--------------------
School face masks worn in England to avoid Covid row with Scotland - claims
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-64811382?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 7:19 PM
Ministers in England came under pressure after Scotland introduced face coverings in schools.
--------------------
Iran: Dozens of schoolgirls taken to hospital after new gas poisonings
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64816750?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 8:46 PM
At least 26 schools in five cities are affected by another wave of apparent toxic gas attacks.
--------------------
Twitch streamer Kai Cenat breaks subscriber record
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64811710?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 5:57 PM
The 21-year-old has amassed 300,000 subscribers, after a month-long 'subathon' to increase viewers.
--------------------
Jacob Rees-Mogg had Covid test couriered to his home, texts suggest
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64816834?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 6:07 PM
Messages leaked to the Telegraph appear to show Matt Hancock's adviser helped send the test in 2020.
--------------------
Southampton 1-2 Grimsby Town: Mariners reach FA Cup quarter-finals for first time in 84 years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64799742?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 9:50 PM
League Two Grimsby Town reach the FA Cup quarter-finals for the first time in 84 years as two penalties either side of half-time stun Premier League strugglers Southampton.
--------------------
Poor families more resourceful in past, says top Tory Lee Anderson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64814421?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 6:40 PM
Deputy party chair Lee Anderson says "our garden was our foodbank" when he grew up in a mining town.
--------------------
TikTok sets 60-minute daily screen time limit for under-18s
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64813981?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 5:09 PM
The 13 to 18-year-olds will be limited to 60 minutes a day on the service, but can opt out of the measure.
--------------------
Watch: Dog found alive after 23 days under rubble in Turkey
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64817526?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 6:02 PM
More than 50,000 people died when earthquakes shook southern Turkey and northern Syria last month.
--------------------
Money Diary: 'My DJ gigs bring in £3,000 a month'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64539318?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 9:59 AM
Aaron, a 33-year-old DJ from east London, shares his weekly spending diary.
--------------------
What is the energy price cap and what will happen to my bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58090533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 27, 2023, 11:48 AM
The energy bill support package will continue after April, but will be less generous.
--------------------
Cost-of-living crisis: 'I lived on tea and coffee for a week'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-64803121?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 10:12 AM
As the government's energy support ends, we talk to those who are struggling with costs.
--------------------
Is it cheaper to study in a coffee shop or at home?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64708230?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 24, 2023, 1:08 AM
As prices rise, are there cheaper places than home to work or study?
--------------------
Cost of living: Buying a tiny house helps couple tackle crisis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-64682217?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 23, 2023, 6:08 AM
David Westwood and Becky Warren say their outgoings have halved since living in a house on wheels.
--------------------
Money Diary: 'I have 25p left in my bank account'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64386700?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 22, 2023, 2:34 AM
Alannah, a 27-year-old blogger from Scotland, shares her weekly spending diary.
--------------------
Cost of living: Neighbours share potato-cooking duties to cut costs
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64763011?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 27, 2023, 6:03 AM
Each week a different cook delivers hot jacket potatoes to their neighbours in Walthamstow.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'I don't want a funeral, it's a waste of money'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-64376094?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 21, 2023, 3:29 AM
Cremations without a service are on the rise, but others say they need a funeral to deal with grief.
--------------------
London Fashion Week: Is the cost-of-living crisis fuelling creativity?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-64302924?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 17, 2023, 3:38 AM
As London Fashion Week begins, are more people fixing their old clothes instead of buying new ones?
--------------------
Broadband must be accessible to all, peers told
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64718843?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 22, 2023, 12:03 PM
Experts tell a House of Lords committee too many families cannot afford this "essential utility".
--------------------
Exhausting, costly, miserable: My search to rent a flat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64625435?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 16, 2023, 2:16 AM
Lorna Acquah's search to find a rental flat was filled with long queues, bidding wars and greasy kitchens.
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 15, 2023, 8:26 AM
The rate at which prices are rising has fallen slightly, but inflation remains near a 40-year high.
--------------------
Council tax: What is it and how much is it rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55765504?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 14, 2023, 12:32 PM
Millions of households across the UK will see a sharp increase in council tax bills in April.
--------------------
What's the cheapest way to stay warm in bed?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64559402?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 17, 2023, 3:24 AM
How could you keep warm at night for the lowest cost?
--------------------
Six tips for getting a job if you're over 50
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64625372?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 14, 2023, 12:03 AM
Recruiters and charities give their advice for anyone wanting to get back into work.
--------------------
BBC Food's romantic dinners on a budget
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/budget_occasion_dinner?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 13, 2023, 10:43 AM
A three-course meal plan for someone special that won't break the bank.
--------------------
Facing never-ending queues on the debt front line
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64568409?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 13, 2023, 12:13 AM
A day in the life of a woman helping people with debt as charities report record requests for help.
--------------------
Thousands wanting to give up pets as cost of living soars
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64618082?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 13, 2023, 6:07 PM
The Scottish SPCA said the number of calls tripled to 4,000 last year because of the cost of living
--------------------
Greece train crash: Survivors describe 'nightmarish seconds'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64806678?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 3:26 PM
Passengers smashed windows to escape burning carriages after two trains collided in central Greece.
--------------------
Hundreds of UK sex offenders went missing, figures show
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64624921?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 6:05 AM
Campaigners say it is a scandal people who commit sexual offences can lawfully change their names.
--------------------
Covid: What happened to care homes early in the pandemic?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52674073?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 2:09 PM
The publication of Matt Hancock's messages focuses attention on what happened in care homes during the pandemic.
--------------------
Covid origin: Why the Wuhan lab-leak theory is so disputed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-57268111?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 2:55 PM
The claim Covid-19 leaked from a Chinese laboratory dates from early in the pandemic. Here's what we know.
--------------------
Manchester Arena: Kelly Brewster's family 'let down at every level'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-64787760?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 5:51 AM
Kelly Brewster, from South Yorkshire, was among those killed at the May 2017 Ariana Grande concert.
--------------------
'Wales is in England' gaffe sparks trip of lifetime for TikToker
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64680104?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 7:00 AM
Canadian Pavlina has had a re-education in Wales after mistakenly thinking it was in England.
--------------------
St David: Ten things to know about the patron saint of Wales
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51649367?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 11:01 AM
The patron saint of Wales was a teetotal vegetarian who was born in a storm.
--------------------
Eating disorders: 'I made the podcast I wish I could've listened to'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-64800221?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 12:27 AM
Molly Smith, 19, hopes her podcast about eating disorders can break down stigmas and misconceptions.
--------------------
Greece train crash: What we know so far
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64813367?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 5:40 PM
At least 43 people have died after two trains collided in northern Greece - here's what we know about the incident.
--------------------
Britain's guide dog shortage: Volunteers increase after BBC story
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64806166?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 12:05 AM
Since Sean Dilley shared the story of his retiring guide dog, some 4,500 volunteers have come forward.
--------------------
Secondary school places: How to appeal a school admissions decision
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-64662613?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 10:58 AM
Councils are offering secondary school places to children in England and Wales on Wednesday.
--------------------
Blackpink lead top stars back on the road in Asia
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64286127?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 28, 2023, 10:04 PM
The K-pop superstars are among major acts that have returned as pandemic restrictions ease.
--------------------
Sheffield United 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blades stun Spurs to reach quarter-finals
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64799766?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 9:50 PM
Iliman Ndiaye scores a superb late winner as Championship side Sheffield United stun Tottenham to progress to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.
--------------------
Yorkshire cricket racism hearing told Tim Bresnan used racial slur towards Azeem Rafiq sister
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/64814128?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 5:45 PM
Former England bowler Tim Bresnan used a racial slur towards Azeem Rafiq's sister, a hearing into allegations of racism at Yorkshire is told.
--------------------
FA Cup 2023 highlights: Southampton 1-2 Grimsby Town
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64737746?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 9:36 PM
Watch highlights as League Two side Grimsby reach the FA Cup quarter-finals for the first time in 84 years by beating Southampton.
--------------------
Arsenal 4-0 Everton: Gunners move five points clear of Man City at top of Premier League
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62784289?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 9:55 PM
Arsenal thrash Everton to move five points clear of Manchester City at the top of the Premier League.
Manchester United 3-1 West Ham: Hosts move into FA Cup quarter-finals with two late goals
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64799759?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 10:02 PM
Carabao Cup winners Manchester United come from a goal down to beat West Ham and move into the FA Cup quarter-finals.

Click here to read the complete article