From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 22:33:54 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 22:33 UTC

Cardiff car crash: Tributes to three found dead after night out
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64867187?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 8:46 PM
Tributes are paid to three people who were found dead in a crashed car days after going missing.
--------------------
We could have saved Sarah, says Couzens' indecent exposure victim
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64860324?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 6:42 PM
The Met Police apologises for not arresting Wayne Couzens sooner before he murdered Sarah Everard.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Bakhmut defenders double down - Zelensky
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64864496?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 9:12 PM
The president says the embattled eastern city's defence goes on, and that senior generals back the move.
--------------------
Charles Bronson would not cope with release, parole panel told
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-64861518?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 5:22 PM
Charles Bronson says he has had "more porridge than Goldilocks and the Three Bears" while in prison.
--------------------
Sir David Attenborough: Three must-see moments in new series
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-64867517?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 5:00 PM
The nature presenter returns to TV screens to explore natural history in Britain and Ireland.
--------------------
Nitrous oxide: Laughing gas should not be banned, review says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64869760?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 8:15 PM
Nitrous oxide, known as laughing gas, is the second most-used drug in the UK among 16 to 24-year-olds.
--------------------
UK Weather: Snow and ice warnings extended to more parts of UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64848688?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 6:07 PM
Met Office yellow weather warnings are in force, with disruption to travel and other activities possible.
--------------------
Kemal Kilicdaroglu: Opposition picks 'Turkey's Gandhi' to challenge Erdogan in election
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64867467?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 8:40 PM
Quiet-spoken centre-leftist Kemal Kilicdaroglu is chosen by the opposition to run for president.
--------------------
Suspected poisonings of Iran schoolgirls unforgivable - Khamenei
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64862714?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 1:56 PM
Iran's supreme leaders says anyone found to have targeted schoolgirls must be punished severely.
--------------------
Firefighters will not strike after accepting new pay offer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64867729?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 5:23 PM
Fire Brigades Union members vote to accept backdated 7% pay rise, with a further 5% increase in July.
--------------------
Prince Harry praises mother Diana's legacy in fighting HIV
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64869164?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 6:44 PM
The Duke of Sussex recalls the work of Princess Diana in removing the stigma around HIV.
--------------------
Spain $1.7m wine theft: Couple jailed for four years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64865977?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 8:18 PM
A former Mexican beauty queen and her partner stole 45 bottles of wine from a luxury Spanish hotel.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'I skip university lectures to do paid work instead'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-64816948?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 12:12 AM
Heidi is one of many students who say the rising cost of living is affecting their studies.
--------------------
Five ways to save money on train tickets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64827711?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 5, 2023, 12:33 AM
As rail fares increase, we find the ways passengers can keep journeys as cheap as possible.
--------------------
Renting: Tenants seek 'bills included’ homes as energy costs rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64824002?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 3, 2023, 12:01 AM
The phrase "bills included" rises up the list of renters' search terms, but few landlords offer it.
--------------------
Always-available veg recipes you can rely on through shortages
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/always_available_veg#xtor=CS8-1000-%5BEditorialPromo_Box%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BPS_FOOD~N~zxmhvj6~P_Food_Turnips%5D
March 3, 2023, 2:12 PM
If the limited veg availability has left your meal plans looking shaky, here are some ideas for reliable, always plentiful and simple to prep vegetables to fall back on.
--------------------
Money Diary: 'My DJ gigs bring in £3,000 a month'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64539318?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 9:59 AM
Aaron, a 33-year-old DJ from east London, shares his weekly spending diary.
--------------------
Cost-of-living crisis: 'I lived on tea and coffee for a week'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-64803121?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 10:12 AM
As the government's energy support ends, we talk to those who are struggling with costs.
--------------------
Is it cheaper to study in a coffee shop or at home?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64708230?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 24, 2023, 1:08 AM
As prices rise, are there cheaper places than home to work or study?
--------------------
Cost of living: Buying a tiny house helps couple tackle crisis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-64682217?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 23, 2023, 6:08 AM
David Westwood and Becky Warren say their outgoings have halved since living in a house on wheels.
--------------------
Money Diary: 'I have 25p left in my bank account'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64386700?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 22, 2023, 2:34 AM
Alannah, a 27-year-old blogger from Scotland, shares her weekly spending diary.
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 15, 2023, 8:26 AM
The rate at which prices are rising has fallen slightly, but inflation remains near a 40-year high.
--------------------
China's new human gene-editing rules worry experts
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-64857311?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 2:08 PM
Regulations were updated after an outcry over gene-edited babies but a leading expert says they don't go far enough.
--------------------
Seychelles: The island paradise held prisoner by heroin
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-64785171?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 12:19 AM
The BBC goes inside a jail in the Seychelles - a nation where 10% of the population is addicted.
--------------------
Oscars 2023: Tackling male grief with gallows humour in An Irish Goodbye
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64784388?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 12:28 AM
The short film contender sees two brothers reunite as they try to come to terms with their mum's death.
--------------------
Earthquake survivors living in fear on Turkey's streets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64824516?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 9:04 AM
Train carriages, volleyball courts and public roads - families now find shelter wherever they can.
--------------------
Two-year wait or £3K for cataract op - patients opt for private
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64784198?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 12:43 AM
Long waits for surgery mean more people are using savings or loans to pay for private treatment.
--------------------
How Korean dramas took over Bollywood-mad India
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-64048793?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 5, 2023, 10:47 PM
There are many similarities between the two industries, famed for their melodramatic, over-the-top romances.
--------------------
Charles Bronson: Public parole hearing due for notorious prisoner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-64786436?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 9:18 AM
The 70-year-old, who is due to face a public Parole Board hearing, was first jailed in the 1970s.
--------------------
Stephen Bear: What happened when Georgia Harrison got justice
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64856782?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 5, 2023, 4:07 PM
BBC correspondent Sonja Jessup asks Bear if he had an apology for Ms Harrison ahead of his sentencing.
--------------------
After Afghan TV fame, a new life in Ohio
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64562082?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 5, 2023, 12:31 AM
Adjusting to life in America is difficult for Afghan women who used to be journalists.
--------------------
Budget 2023: What could be in it and when will it happen?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64789405?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 3, 2023, 2:43 PM
The government will reveal how much of our money it will take in taxes and what it will spend it on.
--------------------
Abortion may be legal in Argentina but women still face major obstacles
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-64784660?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 5, 2023, 12:28 AM
Abortion may finally be legal in Argentina, but social attitudes in some areas are making it hard for women to exercise their rights.
--------------------
Kuenssberg: Sunak can't escape past Tory horrors
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64835929?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 4, 2023, 2:18 PM
Old problems have resurfaced, and none of them were in the prime minister's carefully designed script.
--------------------
Bruno Fernandes: Man Utd captain 'did not ask to be substituted' in Liverpool defeat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64867609?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 4:50 PM
Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes was not asking to be substituted during the 7-0 loss to Liverpool, BBC Sport is told.
--------------------
Conor Benn: Boxer 'felt suicidal' during fallout of positive drug tests
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/64864322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 9:39 PM
Boxer Conor Benn says he felt "suicidal" in the aftermath of failing two drug tests last year.
--------------------
Cricket World Cup: Where are England seven months out from title defence, plus pick your team
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/64859463?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 8:03 PM
With seven months until they defend their 50-over World Cup crown in India, we look at the questions England still need to answer.
--------------------
Brentford 3-2 Fulham: Ivan Toney scores as Bees boost European hopes with win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64781335?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 10:18 PM
Brentford beat west London derby rivals Fulham at the Gtech Community Stadium to keep their hopes of European football very much alive.
--------------------
Kostyuk wins first WTA title and refuses Gracheva handshake
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/64859876?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 9:52 AM
Ukrainian Marta Kostyuk wins her first WTA title at the ATX Open and refuses to shake the hand of her Russian opponent, Varvara Gracheva.
MOTD2 analysis: How Liverpool's 'frightening' front three ran riot against Man Utd
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64857679?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 12:01 AM
Match of the Day 2's Troy Deeney, Micah Richards and Mark Chapman discuss how Liverpool's "wonderful" front three dominated during their 7-0 win against Manchester United.

Click here to read the complete article