From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 22:55:49 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 22:55 UTC

Gary Lineker: BBC talks with presenter 'moving in right direction', sources say
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64930957?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 10:41 PM
It is hoped there will be a resolution soon but not all issues are "fully resolved", BBC News understands.
--------------------
Fashion on parade as stars arrive for the Oscars
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64935067?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 10:50 PM
The famous carpet may have changed for this year's Oscars, but the glamour is the same as ever.
--------------------
Rishi Sunak announces £5bn extra defence spending during US trip
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64932951?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 10:30 PM
The spending boost is included in a new UK foreign and security strategy to be published on Monday.
--------------------
Silicon Valley Bank: Offer made for UK arm of failed US lender
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64934348?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 9:21 PM
UK customers warn they might not be able to pay staff after Silicon Valley Bank collapses.
--------------------
Strikes Update: How Monday 13 March junior doctors' strike will affect you
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64918546?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 5:10 PM
What you need to know about the junior doctors' strike by the BBC's Zoe Conway.
--------------------
Aramco: Saudi state-owned oil giant sees record profit of $161bn
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64931074?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 2:48 PM
After a year when petrol prices soared, the Saudi firm announces a best-ever set of figures.
--------------------
Bill Tidy: Cartoonist who appeared on Countdown and Countryfile dies aged 89
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64932762?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 2:42 PM
Bill Tidy's family has paid tribute to "the most brilliant cartoonist and the very best dad".
--------------------
Childcare: I'll cut costs to boost workforce, says Chancellor Jeremy Hunt
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64931202?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 1:46 PM
The chancellor says the government can make a "big difference", ahead of Wednesday's Budget.
--------------------
San Diego: Eight dead after boats, possibly used for people smuggling, capsize
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64932817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 10:18 PM
San Diego's lifeguard chief calls it one of the worst maritime smuggling tragedies in California.
--------------------
Good Friday Agreement: PM to invite Joe Biden to NI for 25th anniversary
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64934106?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 10:30 PM
President affirmed US government's support for Belfast Agreement at a St Patrick's Day event in 2022.
--------------------
Hamburg Jehovah's Witnesses in shock after mass shooting
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64932138?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 12:52 PM
Services have been cancelled across the city as police say they cannot rule out a copycat attack.
--------------------
Hemsby: Two more homes on cliff edge demolished
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-64930989?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 3:07 PM
Officials say the properties needed to be removed before they fell into the sea due to coastal erosion.
--------------------
Homeless children: Living with trauma, tears and tiredness
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64889778?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 1:35 AM
Homeless children speak about life in cramped temporary accommodation, and the fear of constant moving.
--------------------
Mortgages: What happens if I miss a payment?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63486782?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 2, 2023, 1:58 PM
Homeowners are worried about higher mortgage costs, but lenders must help those struggling.
--------------------
Why is childcare so expensive and what help is available?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-62036045?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2023, 1:11 AM
As many parents across the country struggle with rising childcare costs, why is it so expensive?
--------------------
Cost of living: What do I do if I can't afford to pay my debts?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64291327?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 9:44 PM
What help and options are available to people struggling with debt repayments?
--------------------
Energy saving tips: Five ways to cut costs this winter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62738249?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2022, 3:08 AM
With winter weather here and energy prices up, here are some ways to save money on your bills.
--------------------
Budget 2023: 'My energy bills have doubled to £3,000 in a year'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64874571?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 5:39 PM
A florist in Slough warned now is not the time to scale back support with energy bills.
--------------------
Five ways to save money on train tickets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64827711?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 1:33 PM
As rail fares increase, we find the ways passengers can keep journeys as cheap as possible.
--------------------
Cold weather: What does an unheated room do to your body?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63602501?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:11 AM
The BBC's health and science correspondent undergoes an experiment to find out how a cold home affects him.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'I skip university lectures to do paid work instead'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-64816948?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 12:12 AM
Heidi is one of many students who say the rising cost of living is affecting their studies.
--------------------
Money Diary: ‘I saved £19 on my bills this week’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64557568?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 1:00 AM
Ruth, a 33-year-old jewellery designer from Birmingham, shares her weekly spending diary.
--------------------
Cost of living: The care leavers struggling to find university accommodation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-64735909?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 9:19 AM
Uni students who are estranged from their families say they often struggle to get a rent guarantor.
--------------------
Always-available veg recipes you can rely on through shortages
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/always_available_veg#xtor=CS8-1000-%5BEditorialPromo_Box%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BPS_FOOD~N~zxmhvj6~P_Food_Turnips%5D
March 3, 2023, 2:12 PM
If the limited veg availability has left your meal plans looking shaky, here are some ideas for reliable, always plentiful and simple to prep vegetables to fall back on.
--------------------
Money Diary: 'My DJ gigs bring in £3,000 a month'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64539318?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 9:59 AM
Aaron, a 33-year-old DJ from east London, shares his weekly spending diary.
--------------------
Renting: Tenants seek 'bills included’ homes as energy costs rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64824002?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 3, 2023, 12:01 AM
The phrase "bills included" rises up the list of renters' search terms, but few landlords offer it.
--------------------
Cost-of-living crisis: 'I lived on tea and coffee for a week'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-64803121?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 1, 2023, 10:12 AM
As the government's energy support ends, we talk to those who are struggling with costs.
--------------------
Is it cheaper to study in a coffee shop or at home?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64708230?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 24, 2023, 1:08 AM
As prices rise, are there cheaper places than home to work or study?
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 15, 2023, 8:26 AM
The rate at which prices are rising has fallen slightly, but inflation remains near a 40-year high.
--------------------
Turkey earthquake: Istanbul residents fear homes will collapse
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64905649?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 12:00 AM
After quakes in Turkey's south claimed 50,000 lives, the race is on to protect its biggest city.
--------------------
Silicon Valley Bank: Is the UK right to bail out tech firms?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64934344?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 5:49 PM
There are questions over how far government should go to cover losses from Silicon Valley Bank collapse.
--------------------
The Serbian who inspired US Capitol rioters, then emigrated to Texas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64170317?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 12:18 AM
The scientist emigrated to Texas after the riot and continues to call for political violence in the US.
--------------------
Tattoo artist Jessie Knight celebrated at National Museum of Wales
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64890659?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 7:29 AM
Jessie Knight first picked up a tattoo machine 100 years ago and had an illustrious career.
--------------------
Your pictures on the theme of 'voyage'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-64903017?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 12:19 AM
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
--------------------
Greece train crash: Rage at elite over young victims of rail tragedy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64912881?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 12:20 AM
Dimitra was one of many students killed in a crash that has unleashed anger over neglect in the railway.
--------------------
Cross-Border Orchestra of Ireland: A fusion of Irish and Ulster Scots culture
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64821371?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 7:11 AM
Meet the woman who brought young musicians from Catholic and Protestant backgrounds together.
--------------------
Paying for prayer: I went into debt, trying to secure a miracle
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-64881435?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 12:20 AM
The cost-of-living crisis is prompting people to borrow, in order to pay pastors to pray for them.
--------------------
Watch: Murder suspect flees US courtroom
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64929190?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 10:03 PM
Edi Villalobos escaped from an Oregon courtroom during jury selection for his upcoming trial.
--------------------
Has Putin’s assault on Ukraine’s power grid failed?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64899045?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 12:00 AM
For 22 days Ukraine went without power cuts, and there are hopes Russia's strikes are losing momentum.
--------------------
Scotland 7-22 Ireland: Andy Farrell's side close in on Six Nations Grand Slam
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64932618?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 4:55 PM
Impressive Ireland take a huge stride towards a Grand Slam, shrugging off a series of injuries to overpower Scotland at Murrayfield.
--------------------
Fulham 0-3 Arsenal: Gunners restore five-point lead at top of table with convincing win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64852078?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 4:19 PM
Arsenal restore their five-point advantage at the top of the Premier League in outstanding fashion with a ruthless victory at Fulham.
--------------------
Six Nations 2023: Scotland 7-22 Ireland - highlights
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/64933792?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 5:07 PM
Watch highlights as Ireland beat Scotland 22-7 in the Six Nations clash to keep their Grand Slam dreams alive.
--------------------
England in Bangladesh: Jos Buttler defends tourists' selections after Tigers clinch series
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/64933802?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 6:25 PM
Jos Buttler defends England's squad selections after defeat in the second T20 condemns them to a series loss against Bangladesh.
--------------------
Newcastle 2-1 Wolves: Alexander Isak and Miguel Almiron goals earn home victory
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64852077?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 7:18 PM
Miguel Almiron and Alexander Isak score as Newcastle beat Wolves 2-1 to revive their hopes of finishing in the Premier League's top four.
--------------------
Scottie Scheffler wins Players Championship at Sawgrass, Tyrrell Hatton second
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/64935087?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 10:37 PM
American Scottie Scheffler will return to the top of the world rankings after winning the Players Championship by five shots from England's Tyrrell Hatton.
--------------------
Oscar nominations 2023: The full list
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64386176?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 9, 2023, 6:55 PM
Find out which films, actors and directors are vying for a golden statuette.
--------------------
Oscars 2023: How to watch the nominated films
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64388101?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 9:49 AM
Find out about this year's main awards contenders and where you can see them.
--------------------
How #OscarsSoWhite changed the Academy Awards
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64883399?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 9, 2023, 12:13 PM
This year's Oscar nominees speak about the steps that have been taken - and the road still ahead
--------------------
Oscars 2023: Tackling male grief with gallows humour in An Irish Goodbye
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64784388?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 6, 2023, 12:28 AM
The short film contender sees two brothers reunite as they try to come to terms with their mum's death.
--------------------
Oscars 2023: How to survive the red carpet - and spitting celebrities
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64762377?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 12:14 PM
The BBC's Sophie van Brugen shows us five things she can't live without when red carpet reporting.
--------------------
Gary Lineker revolt becomes a test of BBC's values
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64929269?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 11:36 PM
The broadcaster is facing a test of its fundamental values and mission following a day of tumult.
--------------------
Gary Lineker row: BBC boss asked if he bowed to government pressure
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64928582?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 8:47 PM
Watch Nomia Iqbal's interview with the BBC director general on the Gary Lineker crisis.
--------------------
BBC's day of football show chaos... in 60 seconds
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64929759?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 11:47 PM
A staff walk-out in support of Gary Lineker has heaped pressure on the BBC's boss.
--------------------
I can't say anything at the moment, I'm sorry - Gary Lineker
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64932702?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 12, 2023, 2:54 PM
Gary Lineker speaks to press outside his house as it seems there is still no resolution to the tweet row.
--------------------
Gary Lineker: Impartiality row leads to fresh calls for BBC chairman to resign
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64926923?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 7:09 PM
The BBC chairman is under renewed pressure with the broadcaster in the grip of a major impartiality row.
--------------------
Football star who became a Saturday TV fixture
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64895590?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 5:54 PM
The ex-England player is one of the most recognisable figures associated with the BBC.
--------------------
BBC and Gary Lineker: Tweets decision comes at high price for BBC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64922674?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 11:34 PM
One of the BBC's best loved presenters has been taken off air due to an impartiality row.
--------------------
Gary Lineker: BBC director general Tim Davie's interview in full
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64928580?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 11, 2023, 8:06 PM
Watch Nomia Iqbal's full interview with the BBC director general on the Gary Lineker crisis.
BBC Director General Tim Davie quizzed on Lineker row
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64922157?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 10, 2023, 8:19 PM
The Match of the Day host will not host the show until an agreement is reached on how he uses social media.

Click here to read the complete article