From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 23:18:07 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Mon, 20 Mar 2023 23:18 UTC

Putin to Xi: We will discuss your plan to end the war in Ukraine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-65018657?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 9:50 PM
China's leader, whose Ukraine plan has been criticised in the West, gets a warm welcome in Moscow.
--------------------
Ukraine says Russian missiles destroyed in Crimea
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65021987?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 10:55 PM
If confirmed as a Ukrainian attack, it would be a rare foray into the occupied region.
--------------------
Brexit: DUP will vote against Windsor Framework plans
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-65008991?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 5:30 PM
Downing Street says there are no plans for substantial changes to the Windsor Framework.
--------------------
Ruth Perry: Ofsted urged to pause inspections after teacher death
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-65019341?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 7:12 PM
Head teacher Ruth Perry took her own life while waiting for the publication of an Ofsted report.
--------------------
Danish far-right leader banned from UK over threat to burn Quran in Wakefield
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-65020528?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 8:49 PM
Rasmus Paludan had said he planned to burn the Islamic text in Wakefield.
--------------------
Hampshire shark: Appeal for head to be returned
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65019677?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 4:58 PM
The BBC's Duncan Kennedy visits Hampshire to find out why scientists are appealing for help.
--------------------
UN climate report: Scientists release 'survival guide' to avert climate disaster
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65000182?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 6:22 PM
Technology is providing solutions but the climate forecast is worsening, scientists say in major report.
--------------------
Jeffrey Epstein banks to face sex trafficking case
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65017982?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 8:24 PM
A US court says the banks must face claims they enabled the deceased financier's sex trafficking.
--------------------
France pension reform: Macron's government survives no-confidence vote
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65014336?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 8:47 PM
The votes came after the pension age was raised to 64 last Thursday without a vote.
--------------------
Aleksandar Mitrovic: FA says standard ban 'clearly insufficient' as Fulham striker charged
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65018262?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 10:03 PM
Fulham’s Aleksandar Mitrovic is charged with violent and improper conduct after his red card at Manchester United, but the Football Association says the standard punishment is “clearly insufficient”.
--------------------
Strike averted as nurses and midwives accept pay offer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65019788?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 7:29 PM
Members of nursing and midwifery unions vote to accept the Scottish government's 6.5% pay deal.
--------------------
Investor fears appear to ease as UK and US share prices rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65012275?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 5:10 PM
Investors appear largely reassured after Credit Suisse rescue, but First Republic shares plunge.
--------------------
Spotify: Bollywood songs removed from music app
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-65018463?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 5:41 PM
Users have been left without their favourite songs from Indian film's most popular soundtracks.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'I never thought I'd be sofa-surfing at 74'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-64983317?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 12:00 AM
Jennie Taupin is struggling to afford a new home after the bungalow she rented was sold by the owner.
--------------------
Ros Atkins on how UK wages have failed to keep up with cost of living
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64995803?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 5:49 AM
Panorama explores the extent of the challenges facing the UK economy.
--------------------
Cost of Living: 'I tell my kids I'll buy it tomorrow - and hope they forget'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64496546?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 19, 2023, 12:27 AM
A British Muslim charity says requests for crisis grants are at unprecedented levels.
--------------------
What the Budget means for you and your money
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64963523?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 15, 2023, 4:13 PM
Childcare, energy bill support, pensions and more will affect your finances. This is the impact on you.
--------------------
How to get a job: Six expert tips for finding work
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64939070?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 14, 2023, 2:29 PM
There are 10m people out of work in the UK, so if you're searching for a job you're not alone. Here are some tips on how to get started.
--------------------
Six tips for getting a job if you're over 50
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64625372?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 16, 2023, 11:05 AM
Recruiters and charities give their advice for anyone wanting to get back into work.
--------------------
Cost of living: Unpaid carers going without basics
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64951275?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 18, 2023, 7:16 AM
Unpaid carers say increased financial pressures mean they are unable to buy basic essential items.
--------------------
Energy price guarantee: What help is there for gas and electricity bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58090533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 15, 2023, 2:10 PM
The guarantee limiting typical household energy bills will carry on at the same rate until June.
--------------------
What is the plan for 30 hours of free childcare and how will it work?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-62036045?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 16, 2023, 1:00 PM
The government has announced more help with childcare for some working parents in the Budget.
--------------------
Pensions: How are the lifetime and annual allowances changing?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53082530?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 16, 2023, 11:30 AM
The lifetime limit on tax-free pensions savings will go, and some annual allowances will increase.
--------------------
Mortgages: What happens if I miss a payment?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63486782?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
February 2, 2023, 1:58 PM
Homeowners are worried about higher mortgage costs, but lenders must help those struggling.
--------------------
Five ways to save money on train tickets
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64827711?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 14, 2023, 5:20 PM
As rail fares increase, we find the ways passengers can keep journeys as cheap as possible.
--------------------
Cost of living: What do I do if I can't afford to pay my debts?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64291327?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 8, 2023, 9:44 PM
What help and options are available to people struggling with debt repayments?
--------------------
Is this a banking crisis - how worried should I be?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64951630?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 1:53 PM
Credit Suisse has been taken over by rival UBS and shares have tumbled, but your money is safe, say regulators.
--------------------
Putin and Xi's 'Dear friendship'... in 62 seconds
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-65021583?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 8:52 PM
As Putin welcomes Xi to Moscow, the BBC examines the relationship between the two world leaders.
--------------------
Five things we've learned from UN climate report
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65013560?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 6:14 PM
BBC environment correspondent Matt McGrath outlines the key takeaways from the latest IPCC report.
--------------------
Could Donald Trump be arrested tomorrow?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65012096?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 9:20 AM
The former president could become the first to face criminal charges. Here's what possibly lies ahead.
--------------------
Safety pin: A tiny tool Indian women use to fight sexual harassment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-64979731?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 1:23 AM
Almost every day women in India face sexual harassment in public places. So how do they deal with it?
--------------------
Yevgeny Prigozhin: From Putin's chef to Wagner founder
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64976080?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 1:52 AM
Yevgeny Prigozhin ran hot dog stalls after his release from prison. Now he leads the Wagner group.
--------------------
Why asylum seekers are choosing Canada in record numbers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64825197?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 2:55 PM
Tens of thousands are crossing into Canada via Roxham Road, an unofficial border in upstate New York.
--------------------
Miss Wales says she is grateful after life-changing M4 crash
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64981797?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 6:11 AM
Darcey Corria was left with a broken neck and pelvis in a collision on the M4 in January.
--------------------
Are romance authors at risk from book-writing chatbots?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64975524?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 12:01 AM
As AI-powered chatbots can now write fiction, human authors may have unwanted competition.
--------------------
Credit Suisse: Bank rescue damages Switzerland's reputation for stability
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65009996?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 19, 2023, 8:58 PM
Beset by scandals and crisis, many people are questioning how a totemic bank ended up beyond repair.
--------------------
Euro 2024 qualifiers: Marcus Rashford, Mason Mount and Nick Pope withdraw from England squad
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65006322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 3:39 PM
Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford, Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount and Newcastle goalkeeper Nick Pope withdraw from the England squad through injury.
--------------------
Euro 2024: Italy manager Mancini bemoans lack of Italian talent in Serie A
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65014530?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 10:00 PM
Italy manager Roberto Mancini says he is "worse off" than England boss Gareth Southgate when it comes to selecting national players.
--------------------
Six Nations 2023: Johnny Sexton or Finn Russell? BBC pundits pick their teams of the tournament
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/65009487?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 2:18 PM
John Barclay and Sam Warburton pick different fly-halves in their teams of the tournament. Who do they pick?
--------------------
Premier League: Arsenal & Man City - who will win the title?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65013772?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 1:52 PM
BBC Sport crunches the numbers and analyses the fixture list to assess whether Arsenal or Manchester City are favourites for the Premier League title.
--------------------
PSV Eindhoven: Fan given 40-year stadium ban for attack on Sevilla goalkeeper Marko Dmitrovic
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65020337?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 7:25 PM
A pitch invader who attacked Sevilla goalkeeper Marko Dmitrovic during a Europa League tie has been banned from PSV Eindhoven's stadium for 40 years.
--------------------
Katie Taylor: I wanted to give the fans a fight worthy of the wait
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/boxing/65016995?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 3:32 PM
Katie Taylor says there was a time when she thought her first professional fight in Ireland 'might never happen' ahead of her upcoming clash with Chantelle Cameron in Dublin
--------------------
Six Nations 2023: Damian Penaud, Duhan van der Merwe and James Lowe in best tries
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/65003475?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 9:14 AM
Watch the best tries from this year's Six Nations tournament, including superb scores from France's Damian Penaud, Scotland's Duhan van der Merwe and Ireland's James Lowe.
--------------------
What started the 2003 Iraq war?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-64980565?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 1:52 AM
The US and three allies invaded Iraq 20 years ago, but most countries were against the war.
--------------------
Iraq War: The helmet that saved a Black Watch soldier's life
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65008347?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 20, 2023, 6:25 AM
Black Watch veteran Kevin Stacey served three tours of Iraq, despite being seriously injured by a bomb.
--------------------
How the search for Iraq's secret weapons fell apart
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-64914542?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 13, 2023, 12:11 AM
Twenty years after the Iraq war, controversy still rages over whether "weapons of mass destruction" (WMDs) ever existed.
Iraq War: Ali Abbas lost both arms in the war
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64976639?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
March 17, 2023, 4:54 AM
Ali Abbas's life changed forever after he lost both of his arms and most of his family in the war.

Click here to read the complete article