Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,soc.history.war.misc
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Cops arrest 200 anti-Israel protesters at college campuses across US
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:37:35 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 22:37 UTC

from
https://nypost.com/2024/04/28/us-news/cops-arrest-over-200-anti-israel-protesters-at-us-colleges/

Cops arrest 200 anti-Israel protesters at college campuses across US —
while Columbia leaders dither
By Social Links forIsabel Keane
Published April 28, 2024, 10:52 a.m. ET
Hundreds of anti-Israel protesters were arrested at college campuses
across the US on Saturday after fed-up administrators said “enough is
enough.”

Officials at Columbia University, meanwhile, are continuing to dither —
allowing a Gaza Solidarity Encampment to remain and dropping a deadline
to remove it while they negotiate with student leaders who are holding
the campus hostage.

Over 200 protesters at colleges including Northeastern University in
Boston, Arizona State University in Tempe, Indiana University in
Bloomington and Washington University in St. Louis were arrested Saturday.

protests
4 At least four law enforcement officers can be seen dragging away a
protester at Indiana University.
@ShirionOrg / X
Videos shared online Saturday showed varying stages of chaos unfolding
at the protests, including clashes between anti-Israel demonstrators and
law enforcement to students being dragged away by their feet.

Protesters at Indiana were captured on video singing “Free, free
Palestine,” and holding open umbrellas pointed toward cops and state
troopers as they backed away from the charged-up group.

Later footage shows clashes between protesters and law enforcement, who
arrested 23 rowdy protesters on Saturday.

EXPLORE MORE
Donald Trump and Joe Biden
Trump trashes White House Correspondents' Dinner, takes jabs at Biden
and Colin Jost
Collage of Monroe County DA Sandra Doorley in a car, with the image of
Letitia James inserted
Upstate NY pols want hostile DA who refused to stop for speeding, called
cop an 'a–hole' to be investigated by AG James: 'Erodes public trust'

Ex-Wisconsin Univ. chancellor still making $90K salary despite being
banned for filming sex vids with porn stars
Video shows the protesters linking arms as riot police pushed forward
with shields. One clip shows at least four officers dragging off a
single protester by the back of their shirt before officers dismantled
the student encampment.

Earlier in the week, 33 people had been arrested at an encampment that
school officials said was intended “to occupy the university space
indefinitely.”

protests
4 Video footage showed the calm protests start to descend into chaos.
@MrAndyNgo / X
Meanwhile, chaotic footage taken at Washington University shows officers
charging at protesters, who stood with their arms locked together before
some were dragged away by their feet.

Over 80 arrests were made at the St. Louis campus and the school was
locked down Saturday evening as the massive group refused to leave.

Among those arrested was Green Party candidate Jill Stein, who was
confronted outside Columbia University just a day earlier for being “in
the minority” and representing “the 1%” of Jews in opposition to
Israel’s war against Hamas.

Stein’s Campaign Manager Jason Call and Deputy Campaign Manager Kelly
Merrill-Caye were also arrested.

The protests at Washington University were demanding an end to the war
in Gaza and calling on the university to cut all ties with Boeing over
its work with the Israeli military.

Boeing employs more than 17,000 workers in the St. Louis area, which has
a deep connection to the aerospace industry.

protests
4 Hundreds of protesters were arrested at college campuses across the US
this weekend.
Rich Janzaruk / USA TODAY NETWORK
At least 102 protesters at Northeastern University in Boston were
arrested Saturday after setting up an encampment on the campus that drew
in over 100 supporters.

It was not immediately clear if all those arrested were students, though
the university said students who showed their school IDs were being
released.

An additional 69 protesters were also arrested across the country at
Arizona State University after setting up an unauthorized encampment,
which university officials instructed the group to dismantle multiple
times before authorities began arresting the group.

protesters
4 Protesters were seen being dragged away by police at Washington
University in St. Louis.
AP
1050
What do you think? Post a comment.
Meanwhile, protests remained ongoing at Columbia, despite the
university’s administration setting Friday as the intended deadline to
remove the encampments that first popped up on campus on April 17.

Over 700 protesters have been arrested on college campuses across the
country since April 18, when Columbia first called in the NYPD to try
and clear the encampment.

FILED UNDER ARIZONA BOSTON COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES COLUMBIA
UNIVERSITY INDIANA ISRAEL-HAMAS WAR JILL STEIN MISSOURI PROTESTS
ST. LOUIS STUDENTS 4/28/24
READ NEXT
ADL accuses Ilhan Omar of 'blood libel' for labeling Jewis...

Re: Cops arrest 200 anti-Israel protesters at college campuses across US

<v0p0a5$3hrq7$4@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4341&group=alt.law-enforcement#4341

From: nob...@there.org (Bill Pfister)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,soc.history.war.misc
Subject: Re: Cops arrest 200 anti-Israel protesters at college campuses across
US
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:35:19 -0700
 by: Bill Pfister - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 20:35 UTC

On 4/28/2024 3:37 PM, a425couple wrote:
> [...]
> Protesters were seen being dragged away by police at Washington
> University in St. Louis.
> AP
> 1050
> What do you think? Post a comment.
> Meanwhile, protests remained ongoing at Columbia, despite the
> university’s administration setting Friday as the intended deadline to
> remove the encampments that first popped up on campus on April 17.
>
> Over 700 protesters have been arrested on college campuses across the
> country since April 18, when Columbia first called in the NYPD to try
> and clear the encampment.
>
> FILED UNDER ARIZONA  BOSTON  COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES  COLUMBIA
> UNIVERSITY  INDIANA  ISRAEL-HAMAS WAR  JILL STEIN  MISSOURI  PROTESTS
> ST. LOUIS  STUDENTS  4/28/24
> READ NEXT
> ADL accuses Ilhan Omar of 'blood libel' for labeling Jewis...

I didn't hear of any deaths. Those cops need to step up their game.

interests / alt.law-enforcement / Cops arrest 200 anti-Israel protesters at college campuses across US