From: retro....@retrobbs.synchro.net (Retro Guy)
To: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Dovenet partially available
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 22:31:28 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 29 Aug 2017 05:31 UTC

DoveNet is now partially (not all groups) available on rocksolid.

I'm pulling the messages in 15 minute intervals right now and adding
into the DOVE-Net.* hierarchy.

I have more testing and set up to do, but it seems to be working at this
time. I need to clean up some group names soon, but you might want to
check one of the more active groups, DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion if
you want to see how it's going.

Note: This is an initial set up. There will be some misconfiguration on
my end which I will address soon, but it looks like it's going to be a
go for DoveNet on rocksolid.

The group names are case sensitive. They should all start with DOVE-Net.

Retro Guy

Re: Dovenet partially available

<59A531CA.23.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=453&group=rocksolid.shared.general#453

From: retro....@retrobbs.synchro.net (Retro Guy)
To: Retro Guy
Subject: Re: Dovenet partially available
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 09:20:13 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 29 Aug 2017 16:20 UTC

On 08/28/2017 03:31 PM, Retro Guy wrote:
> DoveNet is now partially (not all groups) available on rocksolid.
>
> I'm pulling the messages in 15 minute intervals right now and adding
> into the DOVE-Net.* hierarchy.
>
> I have more testing and set up to do, but it seems to be working at this
> time. I need to clean up some group names soon, but you might want to
> check one of the more active groups, DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion if
> you want to see how it's going.
>
> Note: This is an initial set up. There will be some misconfiguration on
> my end which I will address soon, but it looks like it's going to be a
> go for DoveNet on rocksolid.
>
> The group names are case sensitive. They should all start with DOVE-Net.
>
> Retro Guy

Ok, seems to be working ok. The current groups available are:

DOVE-Net.Advertisements
DOVE-Net.Entertainment
DOVE-Net.General
DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
DOVE-Net.Hobbies
DOVE-Net.Internet
DOVE-Net.Programming
DOVE-Net.Religion
DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion

These are available on the nntp server at this time, and seem to be
pulling articles properly from DoveNet.

Retro Guy

Re: Dovenet partially available

<59A538D4.24.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=454&group=rocksolid.shared.general#454

From: retro....@retrobbs.synchro.net (Retro Guy)
To: Retro Guy
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 09:50:14 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 29 Aug 2017 16:50 UTC

On 08/29/2017 02:20 AM, Retro Guy wrote:
> On 08/28/2017 03:31 PM, Retro Guy wrote:
>> DoveNet is now partially (not all groups) available on rocksolid.
>>
>> I'm pulling the messages in 15 minute intervals right now and adding
>> into the DOVE-Net.* hierarchy.
>>
>> I have more testing and set up to do, but it seems to be working at this
>> time. I need to clean up some group names soon, but you might want to
>> check one of the more active groups, DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion if
>> you want to see how it's going.
>>
>> Note: This is an initial set up. There will be some misconfiguration on
>> my end which I will address soon, but it looks like it's going to be a
>> go for DoveNet on rocksolid.
>>
>> The group names are case sensitive. They should all start with DOVE-Net.
>>
>> Retro Guy
>
> Ok, seems to be working ok. The current groups available are:
>
> DOVE-Net.Advertisements
> DOVE-Net.Entertainment
> DOVE-Net.General
> DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
> DOVE-Net.Hobbies
> DOVE-Net.Internet
> DOVE-Net.Programming
> DOVE-Net.Religion
> DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
>
> These are available on the nntp server at this time, and seem to be
> pulling articles properly from DoveNet.
>
> Retro Guy

Also, now currently pulling some Freenet (FMS) groups. Still testing
this more, but it's looking good so far.

The group names will be a pain as they must match the FMS board names.
There is no hierarchy, just names, but with a properly maintained and
shared list, it should not be a problem.

Since end users are shielded from the actual group names by the frontend
software, we'll just publish and share a group name list amongst ourselves.

Retro Guy

Re: Dovenet partially available

<59A539D3.25.rs.general@retrobbs.synchro.net>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=455&group=rocksolid.shared.general#455

From: retro....@retrobbs.synchro.net (Retro Guy)
To: Retro Guy
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 09:54:30 -0700
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 29 Aug 2017 16:54 UTC

On 08/29/2017 02:50 AM, Retro Guy wrote:
> On 08/29/2017 02:20 AM, Retro Guy wrote:
>> On 08/28/2017 03:31 PM, Retro Guy wrote:
>>> DoveNet is now partially (not all groups) available on rocksolid.
>>>
>>> I'm pulling the messages in 15 minute intervals right now and adding
>>> into the DOVE-Net.* hierarchy.
>>>
>>> I have more testing and set up to do, but it seems to be working at this
>>> time. I need to clean up some group names soon, but you might want to
>>> check one of the more active groups, DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion if
>>> you want to see how it's going.
>>>
>>> Note: This is an initial set up. There will be some misconfiguration on
>>> my end which I will address soon, but it looks like it's going to be a
>>> go for DoveNet on rocksolid.
>>>
>>> The group names are case sensitive. They should all start with DOVE-Net.
>>>
>>> Retro Guy
>>
>> Ok, seems to be working ok. The current groups available are:
>>
>> DOVE-Net.Advertisements
>> DOVE-Net.Entertainment
>> DOVE-Net.General
>> DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
>> DOVE-Net.Hobbies
>> DOVE-Net.Internet
>> DOVE-Net.Programming
>> DOVE-Net.Religion
>> DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
>>
>> These are available on the nntp server at this time, and seem to be
>> pulling articles properly from DoveNet.
>>
>> Retro Guy
>
> Also, now currently pulling some Freenet (FMS) groups. Still testing
> this more, but it's looking good so far.
>
> The group names will be a pain as they must match the FMS board names.
> There is no hierarchy, just names, but with a properly maintained and
> shared list, it should not be a problem.
>
> Since end users are shielded from the actual group names by the frontend
> software, we'll just publish and share a group name list amongst ourselves.
>
> Retro Guy

Here are the current FMS group names:

bitcoin
boards
censorship
fms
freedom
freenet
news
politics
privacy
programming
public
security
sites
test
tor

As things stabilize, we'll maintain a properly formatted, easy to read
group list so any node can easily keep up with any changes.

Retro Guy