From: adm...@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Subject: How may I export three font glyphs to a web font file?
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 15:27:03 -0500
logging-data="1352"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Syber Shock - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 20:27 UTC

I want to embed a custom font in a web page. However I am only using
three UTF-8 glyphs from the font. So I only want those three glyphs in
the resulting web font which will give a 99% bandwidth savings.

How may I export just the three font glyphs to a web font file?

Re: How may I export three font glyphs to a web font file?

<f36bd248fb6456cf82b1f52e72b3a70f$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=465&group=rocksolid.programming#465

From: adm...@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 15:32:54 -0500
logging-data="19484"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Syber Shock - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 20:32 UTC

On Wed, 12 Apr 2023 15:27:03 -0500
Syber Shock <admin@sybershock.com> wrote:

> I want to embed a custom font in a web page. However I am only using
> three UTF-8 glyphs from the font. So I only want those three glyphs in
> the resulting web font which will give a 99% bandwidth savings.
>
> How may I export just the three font glyphs to a web font file?

I may have found the answer:

https://michaeljherold.com/articles/creating-a-subset-font/
https://github.com/papandreou/subset-font

However if any Linuxarios have other or better ideas please chime in.

--

SugarBug | https://sybershock.com

Re: How may I export three font glyphs to a web font file?

<f6dea751832d9ee49a11d65db545f368@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=466&group=rocksolid.programming#466

From: Anonym...@news.novabbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Subject: Re: How may I export three font glyphs to a web font
file?
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 03:11:22 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 03:11 UTC

Syber Shock wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Apr 2023 15:27:03 -0500
> Syber Shock <admin@sybershock.com> wrote:

>> I want to embed a custom font in a web page. However I am only using
>> three UTF-8 glyphs from the font. So I only want those three glyphs in
>> the resulting web font which will give a 99% bandwidth savings.
>>
>> How may I export just the three font glyphs to a web font file?

> I may have found the answer:

> https://michaeljherold.com/articles/creating-a-subset-font/
> https://github.com/papandreou/subset-font

Wow, I guess I know pretty much nothing about fonts. Sorry I can't help,
this is all new to me.

--
Posted on novaBBS

devel / rocksolid.programming / Re: How may I export three font glyphs to a web font file?