linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste (ksh@cis.ufl.edu put this on Tshirts in '93)

computers / rocksolid.nodes.announce / Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

SubjectAuthor
* RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardRetro Guy
`* Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardRetro Guy
 `* Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardRetro Guy
  +* Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardRetro Guy
  |`- Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardRetro Guy
  `* Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardSugarBug
   +* Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardRetro Guy
   |`* Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardSugarBug
   | +- Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardSugarBug
   | `* Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardRetro Guy
   |  `- Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardRetro Guy
   `* Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardSugarBug
    `- Re: RSLight - Thread layout for OverboardRetro Guy

1
RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<4db039a6015e6a7fece7506639cb5fb9@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=482&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#482

From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 14:10:10 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 14:10 UTC

I've been experimenting with an option in overboard to display recent articles by thread.

I did this in the past, but it wasn't so great, so trying again. I'm still testing, but if you want to take a look, it's running on www.novabbs.org now:
https://news.novabbs.org/computers/overboard.php?thisgroup=news.software.nntp

The thread vs. flat display will be a toggle in overrides.inc.php (with a default, of course)

I'm still testing, so no commit yet.

--
Retro Guy

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<1b8c35def60c1b062c71e1f8ff6072c0@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=483&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#483

From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:28:50 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:28 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> I've been experimenting with an option in overboard to display recent articles by thread.

> I did this in the past, but it wasn't so great, so trying again. I'm still testing, but if you want to take a look, it's running on www.novabbs.org now:
> https://news.novabbs.org/computers/overboard.php?thisgroup=news.software.nntp

> The thread vs. flat display will be a toggle in overrides.inc.php (with a default, of course)

> I'm still testing, so no commit yet.

I've improved the sorting, removed duplicate display of article that starts a thread, and added a toggle to display 'Thread' or 'Article' view. The toggle will remain with your session, and if you are logged in, will become your default view.

Hopefully, I can add a commit later today or tomorrow. I'm still trying to find bugs, but I'm sure once I commit I'll start to find them all :)

--
Retro Guy

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<22a05f3902ca813be81d25e681a96bfa@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=484&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#484

From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:18:08 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:18 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> Retro Guy wrote:

>> I've been experimenting with an option in overboard to display recent articles by thread.

>> I did this in the past, but it wasn't so great, so trying again. I'm still testing, but if you want to take a look, it's running on www.novabbs.org now:
>> https://news.novabbs.org/computers/overboard.php?thisgroup=news.software.nntp

>> The thread vs. flat display will be a toggle in overrides.inc.php (with a default, of course)

>> I'm still testing, so no commit yet.

> I've improved the sorting, removed duplicate display of article that starts a thread, and added a toggle to display 'Thread' or 'Article' view. The toggle will remain with your session, and if you are logged in, will become your default view.

> Hopefully, I can add a commit later today or tomorrow. I'm still trying to find bugs, but I'm sure once I commit I'll start to find them all :)

Well, I got sorting sorted. HAHHAHAHA! (Yes, I'm all alone in a room and may have lost my mind)

Anyway, I have pushed a commit for the new overboard. If you don't create a default in overrides,inc.php, it will default to the original flat articles view. There is a toggle (radio buttons) on the overboard for a user to change that, and it will remain changed for that user.

--
Retro Guy

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<2fbc6a9109ab4fc2eb5bc692f88f8d06$1@invalid.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=485&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#485

From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 06:18:07 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 13:18 UTC

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:18:08 +0000, Retro Guy wrote:

> Retro Guy wrote:
>
>> Retro Guy wrote:
>
>>> I've been experimenting with an option in overboard to display recent articles by thread.
>
>>> I did this in the past, but it wasn't so great, so trying again. I'm still testing, but if you want to take a look, it's running on www.novabbs.org now:
>>> https://news.novabbs.org/computers/overboard.php?thisgroup=news.software.nntp
>
>>> The thread vs. flat display will be a toggle in overrides.inc.php (with a default, of course)
>
>>> I'm still testing, so no commit yet.
>
>> I've improved the sorting, removed duplicate display of article that starts a thread, and added a toggle to display 'Thread' or 'Article' view. The toggle will remain with your session, and if you are logged in, will become your default view.
>
>> Hopefully, I can add a commit later today or tomorrow. I'm still trying to find bugs, but I'm sure once I commit I'll start to find them all :)
>
> Well, I got sorting sorted. HAHHAHAHA! (Yes, I'm all alone in a room and may have lost my mind)
>
> Anyway, I have pushed a commit for the new overboard. If you don't create a default in overrides,inc.php, it will default to the original flat articles view. There is a toggle (radio buttons) on the overboard for a user to change that, and it will remain changed for that user.

Just added support for user blocklist (hiding users)

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<1a68fb81d32ab6c32d324ba597a197e6$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=486&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#486

From: 388...@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:27:27 -0500
 by: SugarBug - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:27 UTC

Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.com> wrote:

> Retro Guy wrote:
>
> > Retro Guy wrote:
>
> >> I've been experimenting with an option in overboard to display recent articles by thread.
>
> >> I did this in the past, but it wasn't so great, so trying again. I'm still testing, but if you want to take a look, it's running on www.novabbs.org now:
> >> https://news.novabbs.org/computers/overboard.php?thisgroup=news.software.nntp
>
> >> The thread vs. flat display will be a toggle in overrides.inc.php (with a default, of course)
>
> >> I'm still testing, so no commit yet.
>
> > I've improved the sorting, removed duplicate display of article that starts a thread, and added a toggle to display 'Thread' or 'Article' view. The toggle will remain with your session, and if you are logged in, will become your default view.
>
> > Hopefully, I can add a commit later today or tomorrow. I'm still trying to find bugs, but I'm sure once I commit I'll start to find them all :)
>
> Well, I got sorting sorted. HAHHAHAHA! (Yes, I'm all alone in a room and may have lost my mind)
>
> Anyway, I have pushed a commit for the new overboard. If you don't create a default in overrides,inc.php, it will default to the original flat articles view. There is a toggle (radio buttons) on the overboard for a user to change that, and it will remain changed for that user.
>
> --
> Retro Guy

Suggestion: place an interface button for each of the different views, with the option for admin to set one as default or even hide this that or the other.

Perhaps something like this would make sense: OVERBOARD | THREADED | SINGLE | FUTURE?

This would allow you to separate all views into separate PHP template files going forward.

--
www.sybershock.com | sci.crypt | alt.sources.crypto | alt.lite.bulb

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<1b943eaa1aefaa6b658fcc0b500c94f4@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=487&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#487

From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:52:13 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:52 UTC

SugarBug wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:18:08 +0000
> Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.com> wrote:

>> Retro Guy wrote:

>> > I've improved the sorting, removed duplicate display of article that starts a thread, and added a toggle to display 'Thread' or 'Article' view. The toggle will remain with your session, and if you are logged in, will become your default view.
>>
>> > Hopefully, I can add a commit later today or tomorrow. I'm still trying to find bugs, but I'm sure once I commit I'll start to find them all :)
>>
>> Well, I got sorting sorted. HAHHAHAHA! (Yes, I'm all alone in a room and may have lost my mind)
>>
>> Anyway, I have pushed a commit for the new overboard. If you don't create a default in overrides,inc.php, it will default to the original flat articles view. There is a toggle (radio buttons) on the overboard for a user to change that, and it will remain changed for that user.
>>
>> --
>> Retro Guy

> Suggestion: place an interface button for each of the different views, with the option for admin to set one as default or even hide this that or the other.

> Perhaps something like this would make sense: OVERBOARD | THREADED | SINGLE | FUTURE?

> This would allow you to separate all views into separate PHP template files going forward.

I'm trying to grasp what you mean. Currently, the user can choose between 'Articles' (flat), or 'Threads'. Once they choose, it sticks to their Session, and if logged in, is written to their config.

overrides.inc.php contains a setting to choose the default view for the site.

I think you're adding the ability to remove an option from the choices on the overboard (radio buttons). Is that what you mean?

For different 'templates', each view is a separate function in overboard.php. I had to make one change to style.css (remove forcing date to the left), but other than that, the functions use the same stylesheet.

What, if anything, am I missing? (re-reading): Do you mean different overboard buttons? That might be messy as there are at least three ways to get to the overboard.

--
Retro Guy

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<3718509c757a3f3ef2d2ba98d79daaff$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=488&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#488

From: 388...@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:52:13 -0500
 by: SugarBug - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:52 UTC

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:27:27 -0500
SugarBug <3883@sugar.bug> wrote:

> Suggestion: place an interface button for each of the different views, with the option for admin to set one as default or even hide this that or the other.
>
> Perhaps something like this would make sense: OVERBOARD | THREADED | SINGLE | FUTURE?
>
> This would allow you to separate all views into separate PHP template files going forward.

And then I looked at your site and saw you were already doing something like that with radio buttons ...

Are you eliminating the subject line only view?

--
www.sybershock.com | sci.crypt | alt.sources.crypto | alt.lite.bulb

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<4695a65e630cfa5a5a1731c6b2a01674$1@invalid.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=489&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#489

From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 08:05:23 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 15:05 UTC

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:52:13 -0500, SugarBug wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:27:27 -0500
> SugarBug <3883@sugar.bug> wrote:
>
>> Suggestion: place an interface button for each of the different views, with the option for admin to set one as default or even hide this that or the other.
>>
>> Perhaps something like this would make sense: OVERBOARD | THREADED | SINGLE | FUTURE?
>>
>> This would allow you to separate all views into separate PHP template files going forward.
>
> And then I looked at your site and saw you were already doing something like that with radio buttons ...
>
> Are you eliminating the subject line only view?

The 'Articles' view is the old view with some minor "improvements" This is
the original layout (with the minor changes). I don't think there was a
view that only showed the subject line.

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<e0eff98ac18b6a9abc7d218f6e66e6a6$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=490&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#490

From: 388...@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 17:14:06 -0500
 by: SugarBug - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 22:14 UTC

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:52:13 +0000
Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.com> wrote:

> SugarBug wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:18:08 +0000
> > Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.com> wrote:

> >> Well, I got sorting sorted. HAHHAHAHA! (Yes, I'm all alone in a room and may have lost my mind)
> >>
> >> Anyway, I have pushed a commit for the new overboard. If you don't create a default in overrides,inc.php, it will default to the original flat articles view. There is a toggle (radio buttons) on the overboard for a user to change that, and it will remain changed for that user.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Retro Guy
>
> > Suggestion: place an interface button for each of the different views, with the option for admin to set one as default or even hide this that or the other.
>
> > Perhaps something like this would make sense: OVERBOARD | THREADED | SINGLE | FUTURE?
>
> > This would allow you to separate all views into separate PHP template files going forward.
>
> I'm trying to grasp what you mean. Currently, the user can choose between 'Articles' (flat), or 'Threads'. Once they choose, it sticks to their Session, and if logged in, is written to their config.

I sent the message before I looked at your demo site. I didn't realize you already implemented the radio buttons until after I sent the first message.
> overrides.inc.php contains a setting to choose the default view for the site.
>
> I think you're adding the ability to remove an option from the choices on the overboard (radio buttons). Is that what you mean?

Yes, I was thinking that the views would show up as buttons like the former 'overboard' button. I just fired off my message before I saw the changes were already being demonstrated.
> For different 'templates', each view is a separate function in overboard.php. I had to make one change to style.css (remove forcing date to the left), but other than that, the functions use the same stylesheet.
>
> What, if anything, am I missing? (re-reading): Do you mean different overboard buttons? That might be messy as there are at least three ways to get to the overboard.

No, I was thinking buttons for each view you were proposing, and like you said earlier the ability for admin to hide any of them. But I already see you did the radio button control, which is basically the same thing in one control. I can probably use CSS display:none and visibility:hidden to hide controls at the theme level if that creates too much noise in the config files.

When playing with theme ideas I noticed duplicate class names for elements in the same table row.

In each table row, the class names of table elements repeat for the username and datebox elements. It would be much better for styling if the class names for each element were unique. For example, class='datebox_left', class='datebox_right', class='article_title', class=author_left', class='author_right', class='total_replies', etc. You can even leave the current class names in place as is, and add extra unique class names to the html output, so that they can be styled individually or as a unit. Keeping the old classes and adding new uniques alongside them would prevent breaking backward compatibility of themes.

Also I notice that when building the tables that each table row has alternating class names, 'np_thread_line1', 'np_thread_line2' and each of these class names is re-used in its same row. Something like 'np_thread_line_left_1', 'np_thread_line_center_1', 'np_thread_line_right_1' would make styling with CSS much easier. I think I need to separate header.inc and body html generation files then run search and replace on them and probably avoid 90% of the hand editing.

Basically the idea so that every element in a table row will have at least one class name that is unique or repeated in that row--and so that no class names used in the header and footer appear in the document body, or also the header and footer elements each have a unique class name so elements can be targeted individually there without much fuss. This allows a lot of cool CSS tricks for themes and responsive layout magic without having to resort to endless :nth-child() and selector strangeness. It would also make it much easier to use multiple web fonts with CSS to change fonts on selected elements in a theme. In my new theme I actually want to use two different fonts for table data elements that have the same class names.

Since I am working on a theme maybe I should send a patch for the php files showing what I mean regarding class names. I'm still wrapping my head around it so I'll check back in when I get time to dig in and finish the theme and test the changes before making a patch.

--
www.sybershock.com | sci.crypt | alt.sources.crypto | alt.lite.bulb

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<8e4a8cf37392190f4c95466ff9a48735$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=491&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#491

From: 388...@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 01:16:41 -0500
 by: SugarBug - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 06:16 UTC

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 17:14:06 -0500
SugarBug <3883@sugar.bug> wrote:

> Basically the idea so that every element in a table row will have at least one class name that is unique or repeated in that row

[sic] ...

unique or *non* repeated in that row

--
www.sybershock.com | sci.crypt | alt.sources.crypto | alt.lite.bulb

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<d7968ae3ed95e957c37be162d5af22e6@www.rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=492&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#492

From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 08:55:21 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 08:55 UTC

SugarBug wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:52:13 +0000
> Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.com> wrote:

>> SugarBug wrote:

<snip>

> When playing with theme ideas I noticed duplicate class names for elements in the same table row.

> In each table row, the class names of table elements repeat for the username and datebox elements. It would be much better for styling if the class names for each element were unique. For example, class='datebox_left', class='datebox_right', class='article_title', class=author_left', class='author_right', class='total_replies', etc. You can even leave the current class names in place as is, and add extra unique class names to the html output, so that they can be styled individually or as a unit. Keeping the old classes and adding new uniques alongside them would prevent breaking backward compatibility of themes.

I completely agree with this. Please understand that RSLight is the first time I had ever used css, so I was learning as I went. Both css and databases were new to me, so you can see that in the code. It does need to be cleaned up.

> Also I notice that when building the tables that each table row has alternating class names, 'np_thread_line1', 'np_thread_line2' and each of these class names is re-used in its same row. Something like 'np_thread_line_left_1', 'np_thread_line_center_1', 'np_thread_line_right_1' would make styling with CSS much easier. I think I need to separate header.inc and body html generation files then run search and replace on them and probably avoid 90% of the hand editing.

Yes, I agree with you.

> Basically the idea so that every element in a table row will have at least one class name that is unique or repeated in that row--and so that no class names used in the header and footer appear in the document body, or also the header and footer elements each have a unique class name so elements can be targeted individually there without much fuss. This allows a lot of cool CSS tricks for themes and responsive layout magic without having to resort to endless :nth-child() and selector strangeness. It would also make it much easier to use multiple web fonts with CSS to change fonts on selected elements in a theme. In my new theme I actually want to use two different fonts for table data elements that have the same class names.

I believe it is best to add the classes to css, then it can be modified in the code, if desired. We would leave all the existing classes alone for backward compat.

> Since I am working on a theme maybe I should send a patch for the php files showing what I mean regarding class names. I'm still wrapping my head around it so I'll check back in when I get time to dig in and finish the theme and test the changes before making a patch.

I think I get it, but feel free to demonstrate. It can't hurt :)

--
Retro Guy

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<762442c64c022130ad9a35a30d0c71e0@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=493&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#493

From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 09:57:35 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 09:57 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> SugarBug wrote:

>> On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:52:13 +0000
>> Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.com> wrote:

> <snip>

>> When playing with theme ideas I noticed duplicate class names for elements in the same table row.

>> In each table row, the class names of table elements repeat for the username and datebox elements. It would be much better for styling if the class names for each element were unique. For example, class='datebox_left', class='datebox_right', class='article_title', class=author_left', class='author_right', class='total_replies', etc. You can even leave the current class names in place as is, and add extra unique class names to the html output, so that they can be styled individually or as a unit. Keeping the old classes and adding new uniques alongside them would prevent breaking backward compatibility of themes.

> I completely agree with this. Please understand that RSLight is the first time I had ever used css, so I was learning as I went. Both css and databases were new to me, so you can see that in the code. It does need to be cleaned up.

>> Also I notice that when building the tables that each table row has alternating class names, 'np_thread_line1', 'np_thread_line2' and each of these class names is re-used in its same row. Something like 'np_thread_line_left_1', 'np_thread_line_center_1', 'np_thread_line_right_1' would make styling with CSS much easier. I think I need to separate header.inc and body html generation files then run search and replace on them and probably avoid 90% of the hand editing.

> Yes, I agree with you.

>> Basically the idea so that every element in a table row will have at least one class name that is unique or repeated in that row--and so that no class names used in the header and footer appear in the document body, or also the header and footer elements each have a unique class name so elements can be targeted individually there without much fuss. This allows a lot of cool CSS tricks for themes and responsive layout magic without having to resort to endless :nth-child() and selector strangeness. It would also make it much easier to use multiple web fonts with CSS to change fonts on selected elements in a theme. In my new theme I actually want to use two different fonts for table data elements that have the same class names.

> I believe it is best to add the classes to css, then it can be modified in the code, if desired. We would leave all the existing classes alone for backward compat.

>> Since I am working on a theme maybe I should send a patch for the php files showing what I mean regarding class names. I'm still wrapping my head around it so I'll check back in when I get time to dig in and finish the theme and test the changes before making a patch.

> I think I get it, but feel free to demonstrate. It can't hurt :)

I've changed the class for the new overboard 'style toggle' feature, and will continue to create a new style for anything new. I'll also add a new class when I come across them, always keeping the existing class.

Thanks for the input, it helps.

--
Retro Guy

Re: RSLight - Thread layout for Overboard

<fd1aeff6aedd3fe2a2bd801d8bf0295c@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=494&group=rocksolid.nodes.announce#494

From: retro...@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 13:57:26 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 13:57 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:18:08 +0000, Retro Guy wrote:

>> Retro Guy wrote:

>>> I've improved the sorting, removed duplicate display of article that starts a thread, and added a toggle to display 'Thread' or 'Article' view. The toggle will remain with your session, and if you are logged in, will become your default view.
>>
>>> Hopefully, I can add a commit later today or tomorrow. I'm still trying to find bugs, but I'm sure once I commit I'll start to find them all :)
>>
>> Well, I got sorting sorted. HAHHAHAHA! (Yes, I'm all alone in a room and may have lost my mind)
>>
>> Anyway, I have pushed a commit for the new overboard. If you don't create a default in overrides,inc.php, it will default to the original flat articles view. There is a toggle (radio buttons) on the overboard for a user to change that, and it will remain changed for that user.

> Just added support for user blocklist (hiding users)

I have moved the radio buttons to the overboard header to reduce wasted space, and used SugarBug's good idea of creating a new css class for it.

Also, fixed reading a user's default once the session ends so it doesn't default to the site default.

There is one bug I'm aware of right now, but it's not very important. I'll work on in later in the week, putting preference on any actually important bugs I find.

What you see on my sites is the latest commit.

--
Retro Guy