Know Thy User.

computers / rocksolid.nodes / Ping RetroGuy : Sample Rocksolid Light and NovaBBS Logos

SubjectAuthor
* Ping RetroGuy : Sample Rocksolid Light and NovaBBS LogosSyber Shock
+* Ping RetroGuy : Sample Rocksolid Light and NovaBBS LogosRetro Guy
|`- Ping RetroGuy : Sample Rocksolid Light and NovaBBS LogosSyber Shock
`- Ping RetroGuy : Sample Rocksolid Light and NovaBBS LogosRetro Guy

1
Ping RetroGuy : Sample Rocksolid Light and NovaBBS Logos

<ea2930f969883f733731d564f97dc299$1@sybershock.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=494&group=rocksolid.nodes#494

From: adm...@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: Ping RetroGuy : Sample Rocksolid Light and NovaBBS Logos
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 19:11:27 -0500
logging-data="2863"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Syber Shock - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 00:11 UTC

I wanted a "powered by" logo and ended up making several samples. If
you scroll down past the license on this page all the samples are
presented like a showcase.

https://codeberg.org/sugarbug/Rocksolid-Light-Logos/commit/784d606efa6f2e447dd876b28096298dbafa01ab

I also do ascii art and utf-8 art tricks with HTML5 + CSS3 without any
JavaScript. I can make figlets look like gradient images on a web page.
See these links for examples:

https://nightbulb.net (The light bulb is pure text.)
https://sybershock.com (The rainbow image at bottom is unicode text.)

Mouse hover on the fake images will reveal the effects.

Let me know if you want anything made to order or particular colors,
fonts, portal page placement, etc. I can convert and re-size the SVGs,
re-color, skew, apply fonts or filters, etc.

If anyone knows a efficient way to hack bi-directional pushes and pull
requests and pushes between codeberg.org and github.com entirely from
the CLI, please post information. I know I can hack the local config
for each step then hack it back when done. I'm trying to find something
more elegant that won't bug me up.

--

SugarBug | https://sybershock.com

Re: Ping RetroGuy : Sample Rocksolid Light and NovaBBS Logos

<46f8518c4739221de1ceb968aa7f10b8@news.novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=495&group=rocksolid.nodes#495

From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 19:08:14 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 19:08 UTC

Syber Shock wrote:

> I wanted a "powered by" logo and ended up making several samples. If
> you scroll down past the license on this page all the samples are
> presented like a showcase.

> https://codeberg.org/sugarbug/Rocksolid-Light-Logos/commit/784d606efa6f2e447dd876b28096298dbafa01ab

These are awesome :) Way beyond my skills with graphics!

> I also do ascii art and utf-8 art tricks with HTML5 + CSS3 without any
> JavaScript. I can make figlets look like gradient images on a web page.
> See these links for examples:

> https://nightbulb.net (The light bulb is pure text.)
> https://sybershock.com (The rainbow image at bottom is unicode text.)

> Mouse hover on the fake images will reveal the effects.

You have some skills!

> Let me know if you want anything made to order or particular colors,
> fonts, portal page placement, etc. I can convert and re-size the SVGs,
> re-color, skew, apply fonts or filters, etc.

Would you be opposed to me adding them in a zip file with rslight? I would
list credit to you for creating them. If that's ok, please let me know
how you would prefer to be credited.

Also, once I clean up the NoCeM and spamassassin scripts, I can add those
to the package as well, as extras.

--
Retro Guy

Re: Ping RetroGuy : Sample Rocksolid Light and NovaBBS Logos

<0f6d327c0d9aebfae05a5f6cb25c9439$1@sybershock.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=496&group=rocksolid.nodes#496

From: adm...@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 18:51:18 -0500
logging-data="23000"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Syber Shock - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 23:51 UTC

On Sun, 9 Apr 2023 19:08:14 +0000
retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy) wrote:

> > Let me know if you want anything made to order or particular colors,
> > fonts, portal page placement, etc. I can convert and re-size the
> > SVGs, re-color, skew, apply fonts or filters, etc.
>
> Would you be opposed to me adding them in a zip file with rslight? I
> would list credit to you for creating them. If that's ok, please let
> me know how you would prefer to be credited.

For credit just put my pseudonym and domain name in there somewhere.
something like this one-liner is fine:

# [origin] <3883@sugar.bug> (sybershock.com) {clever license}

Or you could just copy over the clever license:

https://sybershock.com/forum/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=363&group=rocksolid.programming#363

WHATEVER IS CLEVER PUBLIC LICENSE
<3883@sugar.bug> (sybershock.com)
Do whatever is clever. Do as you wish with this product.
Do whatever is clever shall be the whole of the law.

If you pull down the git repo you will see the very permissive license.
Just do whatever is clever ;) You can even change to MIT or BSD license
if you wish. The clever license is metamorphic and transmogrifiable
since it is based upon your wish.

> Also, once I clean up the NoCeM and spamassassin scripts, I can add
> those to the package as well, as extras.

That will be great. I need to power through all that stuff so I can
automate the entire install process and package it up as a jail kit
bundled with a lightweight server. Then all anyone has to do is upload
the jail kit, reboot, open a web browser to configure, and press the go
button to start syncing.

Something like this might be a step toward drowning the world-wide-web
in NNTP forums ;)

--

SugarBug | https://sybershock.com

Re: Ping RetroGuy : Sample Rocksolid Light and NovaBBS Logos

<7dad650399d02b349762e2ed786f26ff@rocksolidbbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=511&group=rocksolid.nodes#511

From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 18:47:42 +0000
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 29 May 2023 18:47 UTC

Syber Shock wrote:

> I wanted a "powered by" logo and ended up making several samples. If
> you scroll down past the license on this page all the samples are
> presented like a showcase.

> https://codeberg.org/sugarbug/Rocksolid-Light-Logos/commit/784d606efa6f2e447dd876b28096298dbafa01ab

I'm still planning to add to git for rslight.

I have now added the 'powered by' logo to the newest commit (to be displayed
at the bottom of each page in tail.inc)

Your skills are awesome making these, at least from someone who is really
NOT good at graphics.

Thanks again!

--
Retro Guy