https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9497&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#9497

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <abuse@remailer.paranoici.org>.
Subject: QSL and starex.txt
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 14:08:00 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 12:08 UTC

How do I have to fill starex.txt to avoid chains of
remailers that are all run by the same remops?

e.g.
banana slow
frell frell2

Re: QSL and starex.txt

<sh7osd$bnl$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9498&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#9498

From: rem...@not-for-mail.invalid (rmd)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: QSL and starex.txt
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 08:19:09 -0500
 by: rmd - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 13:19 UTC

> How do I have to fill starex.txt to avoid chains of
> remailers that are all run by the same remops?
>
> e.g.
> banana slow
> frell frell2

Probably don't want to bar banana.

Just put then in the file sequentially.

banana
slow
frell
frell2

Re: QSL and starex.txt

<XnKZI.43912$ya7f.10892@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9499&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#9499

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 10:08:54 -0400
 by: SEC3 - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 14:08 UTC

On 2021-09-07 8:08 a.m., Anonymous wrote:
> How do I have to fill starex.txt to avoid chains of
> remailers that are all run by the same remops?
>
> e.g.
> banana slow
> frell frell2

Have you weighed the pros & cons of doing this? This would eliminate 6
mix remailers. Leaving only 8 for you to use. Next year redjohn is
closing. You will be left with only 7 mix remailers.

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp

Re: QSL and starex.txt

<eCKZI.9460$ZXL.5520@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9501&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#9501

Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 10:24:09 -0400
 by: SEC3 - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 14:24 UTC

On 2021-09-07 8:08 a.m., Anonymous wrote:
> How do I have to fill starex.txt to avoid chains of
> remailers that are all run by the same remops?
>
> e.g.
> banana slow
> frell frell2

Your concern seems to be the possibility of tagging attacks.

<https://ritter.vg/blog-cryptodotis-tagging_attack_on_mixmaster.html>

Why not use the YAMN network then? One of the reasons YAMN's creator Zax
wrote YAMN was to eliminate the possibility of tagging attacks in the
Mixmaster network. Incidentally, Zax operates a grand total of 7
remailers. And so running multiple remailers doesn't necessarily mean
that one's intentions are malicious.

--
SEC3

YAMN Tutorials - https://sec3.net/yamnhelp

Re: QSL and starex.txt

<45e785c4a5d4a8eed51286263376c33c@remailer.privacy.at>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9508&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#9508

From: mixmas...@remailer.privacy.at (Anonymous Remailer (austria))
remailer administrator at <abuse@remailer.privacy.at>.
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 02:47:47 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer ( - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 00:47 UTC

In article
<9c693239aa08eddb0414c32a2186070a@remailer.paranoici.org>
Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> How do I have to fill starex.txt to avoid chains of
> remailers that are all run by the same remops?
>
> e.g.
> banana slow
> frell frell2

Have you ever looked at an actual chain...?

Those are chains typically chosen by mixmaster below over the
past few hours.

paranoia,krautrelay,devurandom,redjohn,krautrelay,dizum
tncmm,devurandom,paranoia,banana,devurandom,dizum
austria,banana,paranoia,tncmm,austria,dizum
krautrelay,dizum,paranoia,austria,banana,dizum
redjohn,tncmm,krautrelay,austria,banana,dizum
devurandom,austria,paranoia,dizum

Maybe mixmaster isn't for you.

Here is more

Mixmaster encrypting...
Mixmaster reports 3 chains:
paranoia,middleman,devurandom,tncmm,austria
tncmm,paranoia,krautrelay,middleman,austria
devurandom,redjohn,paranoia,banana,austria

Mixmaster encrypting...
Mixmaster reports 3 chains:
redjohn,middleman,devurandom,paranoia,austria
krautrelay,banana,tncmm,krautrelay,austria
austria,dizum,banana,redjohn,austria

Re: QSL and starex.txt

<83a4ec1c6fc3ea161f857cea0b1c4be7@remailer.privacy.at>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9512&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#9512

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 03:15:23 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer ( - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 01:15 UTC

In article
<9c693239aa08eddb0414c32a2186070a@remailer.paranoici.org>
Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> How do I have to fill starex.txt to avoid chains of
> remailers that are all run by the same remops?
>
> e.g.
> banana slow
> frell frell2

Have you ever looked at an actual chain...?

Those are chains typically chosen by mixmaster below over the
past few hours.

paranoia,krautrelay,devurandom,redjohn,krautrelay,dizum
tncmm,devurandom,paranoia,banana,devurandom,dizum
austria,banana,paranoia,tncmm,austria,dizum
krautrelay,dizum,paranoia,austria,banana,dizum
redjohn,tncmm,krautrelay,austria,banana,dizum
devurandom,austria,paranoia,dizum

Maybe mixmaster isn't for you.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: QSL and starex.txt