From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Subject: Better later than the Bums, the Giants win in
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 10:25:15 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 20:25 UTC

Two key errors by the Giants, one monumental mistake by the Mets'
manager and the Giants do it again, winning on a ringing 2-run double
by Crawford

It's hard to figure how the Mets manager pulls a pitcher who had the
Giants under control, puts in a reliever who loses the gmae on the
first pitch.

On the "other" coast the Dodgers and Padres battled late into the
morning and the Dodgers won. They gained no ground on the Giants and
the Padres continued their descent in the western standings.

Giants 3 Mets 2

I've never seen such poor play from one player in a couple of games
like Javiar Baez. First was his swing at a pitch hadn't even gotten
near the plate. He followed that up by ignoring the flyball to the
outfield and ended up being thrown out when he tried to go back to
first.

Re: Better later than the Bums, the Giants win in

<sgf7k4$fji$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=186&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#186

From: pol...@kfu.com (poldy)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Subject: Re: Better later than the Bums, the Giants win in
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 22:57:23 -0700
 by: poldy - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 05:57 UTC

On 8/26/21 1:25 PM, John Walsh wrote:
> Two key errors by the Giants, one monumental mistake by the Mets'
> manager and the Giants do it again, winning on a ringing 2-run double
> by Crawford
>
> It's hard to figure how the Mets manager pulls a pitcher who had the
> Giants under control, puts in a reliever who loses the gmae on the
> first pitch.
>
> On the "other" coast the Dodgers and Padres battled late into the
> morning and the Dodgers won. They gained no ground on the Giants and
> the Padres continued their descent in the western standings.
>
> Giants 3 Mets 2
>
> I've never seen such poor play from one player in a couple of games
> like Javiar Baez. First was his swing at a pitch hadn't even gotten
> near the plate. He followed that up by ignoring the flyball to the
> outfield and ended up being thrown out when he tried to go back to
> first.

Probably not going to matter how they finish, other than the risk of a
one WC game, though I guess the WC team might have to burn their top
starter to win the game.

But Giants and Dodgers are headed for a showdown in the Divisional round
of the playoffs.

--
Serenity Now!

Re: Better later than the Bums, the Giants win in

<3i6tigl8a825qpfrcld5ps17pbn7g5c6n3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=187&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#187

From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 11:12:33 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 21:12 UTC

On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 22:57:23 -0700, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> wrote:

>On 8/26/21 1:25 PM, John Walsh wrote:
>> Two key errors by the Giants, one monumental mistake by the Mets'
>> manager and the Giants do it again, winning on a ringing 2-run double
>> by Crawford
>>
>> It's hard to figure how the Mets manager pulls a pitcher who had the
>> Giants under control, puts in a reliever who loses the gmae on the
>> first pitch.
>>
>> On the "other" coast the Dodgers and Padres battled late into the
>> morning and the Dodgers won. They gained no ground on the Giants and
>> the Padres continued their descent in the western standings.
>>
>> Giants 3 Mets 2
>>
>> I've never seen such poor play from one player in a couple of games
>> like Javiar Baez. First was his swing at a pitch hadn't even gotten
>> near the plate. He followed that up by ignoring the flyball to the
>> outfield and ended up being thrown out when he tried to go back to
>> first.
>>

>Probably not going to matter how they finish, other than the risk of a
>one WC game, though I guess the WC team might have to burn their top
>starter to win the game.
>
>But Giants and Dodgers are headed for a showdown in the Divisional round
>of the playoffs.

They'e going to have to get by MBrewers and the Dodgers, plus the fact
that the starting pitchers are wearing down. They're very lucky that
Logan Webb finally matured into a very good starter. COVID, too.

Re: Better later than the Bums, the Giants win in

<sgrbk4$9ep$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=189&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#189

From: pol...@kfu.com (poldy)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 13:19:16 -0700
 by: poldy - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 20:19 UTC

On 8/31/21 2:12 PM, John Walsh wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 22:57:23 -0700, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> wrote:
>

>> Probably not going to matter how they finish, other than the risk of a
>> one WC game, though I guess the WC team might have to burn their top
>> starter to win the game.
>>
>> But Giants and Dodgers are headed for a showdown in the Divisional round
>> of the playoffs.
>
> They'e going to have to get by MBrewers and the Dodgers, plus the fact
> that the starting pitchers are wearing down. They're very lucky that
> Logan Webb finally matured into a very good starter. COVID, too.

Their offense is struggling. Too many low average, low OBP hitters
which make it easy for playoffs teams with strong pitching rotations.

Also I think Posey and Crawford were hot for most of the season but they
seem to not be doing much lately.

They may need rest.
--
Serenity Now!

Re: Better later than the Bums, the Giants win in

<14l2jg9o3a2d9lhknd7q3c17h4i9toe096@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=192&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#192

From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 12:50:39 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:50 UTC

On Thu, 02 Sep 2021 13:19:16 -0700, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> wrote:

>On 8/31/21 2:12 PM, John Walsh wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 22:57:23 -0700, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Probably not going to matter how they finish, other than the risk of a
>>> one WC game, though I guess the WC team might have to burn their top
>>> starter to win the game.
>>>
>>> But Giants and Dodgers are headed for a showdown in the Divisional round
>>> of the playoffs.
>>
>> They'e going to have to get by MBrewers and the Dodgers, plus the fact
>> that the starting pitchers are wearing down. They're very lucky that
>> Logan Webb finally matured into a very good starter. COVID, too.
>>

>Their offense is struggling. Too many low average, low OBP hitters
>which make it easy for playoffs teams with strong pitching rotations.
>
>Also I think Posey and Crawford were hot for most of the season but they
>seem to not be doing much lately.
>
>They may need rest.

It clicked today and the Giants pulled into a tie with the Dodgers.
The Dodgers visit the Giants tomorrow. I'm still wondering why in the
hell they sent a good hitter like Dugger, back to Sacramento, when he
was out hitting Slater and was a big contributor for the offense.

sport / alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants / Better later than the Bums, the Giants win in